Wouldn’t you love a glamorous look from the moment you open your eyes to the moment you go back to sleep? And all of that achieved without many efforts and even with no makeup? Yes, this is absolutely possible with the professional eyelash extensions you can get at Chicago Lashes.
In case you are not familiar with eyelash extensions, it is high time to learn about them and give them a try. Upon hearing extensions, many people associate them with the popular hair extensions and start wondering how this idea goes together with eyelashes. Other people believe that this is just another fancier form of fake lashes but they are totally wrong. There are a few things you need to know about eyelash extensions but below we will focus on what you can and cannot do with them.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions should not be mistaken with false lashes. The false lashes are a synthetic product meant to be worn usually for a day and removed before bed. You cannot swim or bathe with fake lashes. Eyelash extensions are applied by a professional lash technician and can last up to 8 weeks. They are not removed before bed and you can safely train, swim, and bathe with them.
Lash extensions are often called semi-permanent lashes. Each extension is attached to the natural lash via a strong adhesive for more durability. There is a great variety of eyelash extensions and you can choose between human hair, synthetic lashes, mink lashes, and silk eyelash extensions.
What can you do with eyelash extensions?
The greatest benefit of eyelash extensions is that they give you the freedom to do whatever you want and enjoy your new lashes. There are no restrictions to swimming, bathing or working out while having lash extensions. Here are a few other things you can do with them:
- You can wear makeup with your lash extensions but in general, you don’t need to. Your extensions are there to give you the desired look you have always wanted and it is not necessary to use any other product. Still, if you want a more dramatic look, you can use eyeliner or shades. There is also a certain type of extension-safe mascara but it is better if you avoid it. Just make sure to avoid liquid makeup and use oil-free products to remove the makeup.
- You can swim and bathe with no worries. Still, it is good to avoid getting your lash extensions unnecessarily wet so that you do not compromise the bonds.
- You can brush your lash extensions and it is even recommended. Use a clean spoolie for the brushing. You need to look down and support your lashes underneath with your pointer finger. Then, twirl the spoolie very gently on the top side of your lashes – the movement is just opposite to that of applying mascara.
What you shouldn’t do with eyelash extension?
In order to keep your lash extensions looking gorgeous for a longer period, it is necessary to follow the advice your lash technician gave you. There are just a few restrictions that you need to observe in order to have a glamorous look.
- One of the don’ts is never to play with your lashes while they are wet or you are steamed. If you decided to enjoy a day in the spa, it is perfectly ok as long as you don’t touch your lashes while in the sauna or having a hot bath. The hot steam may temporarily loosen the bond but it will get back to normal once your lashes cool back again.
- Don’t use oil-based cleaning products for your face as the oil can compromise your lash bonds. You will need to adjust your face cleaning routine a bit and the products that you use in order to protect your lashes.
- The major don’t is never to pick at your lash extensions. If you want to remove the extensions, always schedule an appointment with a specialist. If you try to remove them yourself, you will end up with quite a few of your natural lashes left in addition to the pain that you would have experienced from picking them. If for some reason you are not able to visit a beauty salon to have your extensions removed, just let them be and they will fall together with the natural shedding of your lashes.
Keep in mind that you will feel a bit awkward at the beginning as you are not used to that weight and volume of lashes but you will get used to them pretty quickly. We recommend that you go for a retouch every 2-3 weeks as lash extensions fall along with the natural lash, they are attached to, during shedding. In rare cases, lash extensions can cause eye problems, so if you notice redness or feel irritation, we strongly recommend to visit a doctor and take proper care.